VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi city says that its firefighters, police officers and gas department workers will receive hazard pay that they are owed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Vicksburg is supposed to be giving extra money to those employees while the city remains under a COVID-19 civil emergency order. The Vicksburg Post reported that the extra payments stopped May 31, although they were supposed to continue.
The city issued a statement Wednesday saying that the employees would receive the money they are owed. They also will get hazard pay going forward, as long as the emergency order remains in place.
- Sports Zone Conversation: Sam Jefferson, JSU’s first sports information director
- BREAKING: Police Investigating Double Homicide in Jackson
- Teen loses both parents to COVID-19 days apart
- Spirit warns of layoffs; aid for contractors being examined
- Lawmaker resigns as pastor after celebrating KKK leader