JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – I don’t know about you, but some years I have more Christmas spirit than others. I was looking over posts from some of my friends on Facebook last night. Many of them are not in the mood for “Joy to the World” at all this year, mainly because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some have lost their jobs, and others have lost loved ones.
With that in the background, today is Giving Tuesday. There are a ton of organizations that survive from donations, including the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army. One of my favorites is the historic Rodney Foundation, which helps support the Rodney Presbyterian Church.
This is the season we usually look forward to what we are going to get. So it may seem counter-intuitive to ask us to give. For me, the best thing I got for Christmas was the feeling of when I gave something to someone else.
- Rhode Island doctor accused of ‘recklessly’ exposing patients, staff to COVID-19
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Man convicted in 3 killings to be last of 13 executed under Trump administration
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault