JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Out west, wildfires are burning in several states, with unimaginable loss of property.
In the Gulf, there is the latest of several hurricanes knocking at Mississippi and Alabama’s door. Not to mention the potential storms stacked up all the way across the Atlantic.
The one common denominator of all these disasters is the displacement of people out of their homes, either temporarily or permanently.
And the two common denominators with people who are dealing with the disasters are the Red Cross and the Salvation Army. We still have Red Cross volunteers from Mississippi in Louisiana helping feed and house people affected by Hurricane Laura. The Salvation Army is asking for donations to help do the same for people affected by the fires out west.
- Could Deion Sanders being hired soon lead to Jackson State getting a new stadium?
- Geaux Black and Gold LIVE Postgame Show: Saints fall to the Raiders 34-24
- Canton Academy’s softball ace tries to strike out entire football team
- Judicial candidates remember RBG
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee