JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Flooding has affected many in the Jackson-metro area. With the Pearl River expected to crest at 36 feet early next week, flooding is expected in areas of Northeast Jackson and Byram.
The following locations will provide sandbags for neighbors in need. Neighbors should bring their own shovel to fill up the bags of sand:
- 4225-B Michael Avalon St., Jackson – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Residents are asked to call 311 if they are unable to make it to the sandbag distribution site
- Davis Road Park, 2515 Davis Rd., Byram – no times listed; citizens are welcome to bring shovels and collect what they need.
- Hinds County EOC, 300 N. State St., Jackson (only if necessary) – Receive empty bags at EOC to fill them with sand at Public Works Department, at 900 E. Main St., Raymond.
- Christ United Methodist Church, 6000 Old Canton Road, Jackson – Bags will be prefilled. Distribution will continue until supplies run out on Sunday, August 28. This distribution site is in addition to the one at 4225 Michael Avalon Street.
- Liberty Park ballfields, Liberty Road, Flowood – sand and sandbags will be available
- Jerry’s Catfish House, 3326 Hwy 49 S. Florence, MS 39073. Sunday, August 28th through Monday August, 29th. 10am-4pm
- Lakeshore Park, 1112 Northshore Parkway, Brandon, MS 39073. Saturday, August 27th through Sunday, August 28th. 10am-4pm
- Rankin County Emergency Operations Center, 601 Marquette Road, Brandon MS, 39042. Saturday, August 27th through Sunday, August 28th. 10am-4pm
- Sandbags will be available at the EOC, 4080 US Hwy 11, Hattiesburg
- There are sandbags available to fill at the city barn on W. Harper