HINDS COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – The Hinds County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a crash that killed an 11-year-old child and injured her mother and two sisters.
The accident happened in the 6700 block of Tank Road Thursday night just before 8:00. Investigators said a Chevy Tahoe was traveling west when it left the road and overturned.
Deputies said 11-year-old Shanyah Williams died at the scene. Her mother, 36-year-old Shimeka Williams, was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The two daughters who survived the crash, 16-year-old Tramyah Williams and 9-year-old Maliyah Williams, were taken to the hospital. Tramyah was listed in critical condition, and Maliyah was listed in very serious condition. Maliyah was airlifted to the hospital.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Queen Elizabeth II to trim costs as COVID-19 hits income
- Health Care Heroes: Medicare University
- Richmond baby hears mother’s voice for first time with priceless reaction
- Evel Knievel’s son suing Disney over ‘Toy Story 4’ character
- Hearing seeks to move protest shooter Kyle Rittenhouse for trial in Wisconsin