JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson’s Public Works director Dr. Charles Williams announced on Monday that the TV Road well is offline. A boil water notice has been issued for about 1,000 customers in the South Jackson area.
Williams said the city has received calls from neighbors who have little to no water pressure. The boil water notice affects the following areas:
- [2200-2299] TV Road; 39209
- [100-2699] Maddox Road; 39209
- [2200-4599] Raymond Road; 39212
- [5700-6399] MS-18; 39212
- Jackson Ave.
- Harvey Dr.
- Channel 16 Way
- Rebel Circle
- Forest Hill Drive
- Carriage Hills Dr.
- Surrey Drive
- Riderwood Drive.
- Farmington St.
- Carriage Ct.
- Del Rey Dr.
- Plummer Cir.
- Timberlawn Rd.
- Portwood Dr.
- Eden Downs Rd.
- Canada Way
- New Market Dr.
- Cedar Hills Subdivision
- Willowood Subdivision
A contractor is working to fix the issue.
All customers are advised to conserve water at all levels of use until adequate pressure is restored to the water system. The city is asking neighbors to practice indoor and outdoor water conservation. Neighbors are asked to observe the following practices until the advisory is lifted:
- Only wash full loads of clothes
- Take showers instead of baths
- Take shorter showers than usual
- Use a broom or rake to clean off sidewalks and driveways instead of water
- Check the faucets and pipes for leaks and repair if leaking
- Do not wash cars