VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – Vicksburg police arrested a 17-year-old for an attempted armed carjacking Wednesday morning.
According to police, officers responded to Wisconsin Avenue and Fleur-de-Lis Drive before 10:30 a.m. A victim told officers that two men tried steal his truck at gunpoint. The victim tried to wrestle the gun away from one of the suspect, and both suspects ran away.
Investigators said K-9 deputy began to track the suspects through the woods. They later discovered the two suspects behind Parkwood South Apartments. According to police, one suspect surrendered, while the other led officers on a chase before surrendering.
Devonta Harris, 17, of Vicksburg, was charged with attempted armed carjacking. Harris’s bond was set at $50,000.00 for carjacking and $20,000.00 on the weapons charge.
The second suspect was released without being charged.
- Queen Elizabeth II to trim costs as COVID-19 hits income
- Health Care Heroes: Medicare University
- Richmond baby hears mother’s voice for first time with priceless reaction
- Evel Knievel’s son suing Disney over ‘Toy Story 4’ character
- Hearing seeks to move protest shooter Kyle Rittenhouse for trial in Wisconsin