VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – Warren County deputies are investigating after an 18-year-old was shot and killed early Monday morning.
According to Vicksburg Daily News, the shooting happened just after midnight on Abraham Drive off of Paxton Road. The victim was found in the roadway suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
The 18-year-old was taken to Merit Health River Region where Warren County Coroner Doug Huskey pronounced the victim dead. The victim has not been identified at this time.
According to Sheriff Martin Pace, Kemon Urell Jones, 15, turned himself in to Warren County deputies Monday afternoon. He will be charged with murder in connection to the shooting.
Jones appeared in court on Tuesday, according to Vicksburg Daily News. He was given a $1 million bond.
Sheriff Pace said deputies have not recovered a murder weapon at this time. The motive for the shooting remains unknown.
- Arizona woman wakes up to find tires slashed, severed finger on driveway
- Jonathan Lucas Signs with McNeese State
- Focused on Mississippi: Carved in Stone
- Video shows Jackson mayoral candidate, former campaign worker in fight
- White House COVID-19 Response Team announces additional funding to fight COVID-19 variants