VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – A deadly crash investigation is underway after a missing Vicksburg couple was found along Highway 61.
According to Captain Michael Bryant, a police department investigator spotted McKnight’s car Sunday just before 4:30 p.m. It was in a wooded ravine off of Highway 61 North, between Oak Ridge intersection and Keys Iron and Metal.
Lillian “Libbie” Williams, 27, and Timothy McKnight, 30 were last seen around midnight on June 30, when they dropped off Williams’ sister at an address in Redwood, Mississippi.
Police say the 2011 Lexus sedan left the roadway and struck a tree, killing both McKnight and Williams. It is believed the wreck occurred early on Wednesday, July 1.
Accident investigators of the Mississippi Highway Patrol are investigating the crash.
- Chiefs’ Mahomes in concussion protocol after playoff win
- Garth Brooks set to perform at Biden inauguration, says it’s ‘not a political statement’
- Coronasomnia: What is it and how to combat it
- Photos: Trump baby protest blimp to live on in museum after president leaves office
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?