JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police are investigating after an 18-year-old was shot in the back over a cellphone dispute on Friday afternoon.
The shooting happened around 4:30 p.m. on Robinson Road near Highway 80. According to police, LaAsia Carson was shot while sitting in a vehicle.
Investigators said the suspects, Mahogany Hoard and Eliza Maxwell, are still at large. They were last seen in a white Kia with New York tags.
Carson was taken to a local hospital. She was listed in stable condition.
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Records: Trump allies behind rally that ignited Capitol riot
- Powerball jackpot grows to $730M; Mega Millions to be $850M
- Protesters gather outside of closed, guarded Texas Capitol in support of First, Second Amendment rights
- The Debate Continues: Brady vs. Brees Round Three, Bushrod’s Take