JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi State Department of Health is reporting 254 new cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Mississippi. Twelve additional deaths were reported.
That brings the state’s total number of cases to 89,874 with 2,697 deaths.
New COVID-19 related deaths reported to MSDH as of 6 p.m. September 12.
* 7 COVID-19 related deaths occurred between August 26 and September 4, identified from death certificate reports.
Cumulative Cases and Deaths by County
Totals of all reported COVID-19 cases for 2020, including those in long-term care (LTC) facilities.
MSDH has more information about COVID-19 on its website.
- City and County Authorities meet with Jackson residents fed up with crime and take questions
- Mississippi’s Remarkable Woman happy with Governor signing criminal justice reform bill
- 12 News Investigates: Why it takes some a long time to recover from COVID-19
- Gender reveal party explosion rattles several New Hampshire towns
- Pennsylvania man accused of stalking woman with tracking device