JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Mississippi State Treasurer David McRae announced his office returned $271,000 in unclaimed property to the Mississippi Division of Medicaid.
Unclaimed property is turned over to the state when banks, credit unions, and even retail stores are unable to find the rightful owner. After five years, financial institutions turn that money over to the state and the Treasury’s Unclaimed Property Division is charged with finding the owner and returning the money.
- Evel Knievel’s son suing Disney over ‘Toy Story 4’ character
- Hearing seeks to move protest shooter Kyle Rittenhouse for trial in Wisconsin
- Trump’s tax returns goes to appeals court for the second time
- 3 accused of creating man cave under Grand Central Terminal
- Man who killed religious couple as first African American inmate executed in Indiana under Trump’s restart of federal executions