JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) is reporting 381 new cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Mississippi. Four additional deaths were also reported.
That brings the state’s total number of cases to 72,136 with 2,084 deaths.
New COVID-19 related deaths reported to MSDH as of 6 p.m. August 15.
* 1 confirmed COVID-19 related death occurred on August 7, identified from a death certificate report. The additional death was reported in the following county:
Cumulative Cases and Deaths by County
Totals of all reported COVID-19 cases for 2020, including those in long-term care (LTC) facilities.
- Pfizer cuts 2020 COVID-19 vaccine distribution in half due to supply-chain issues, report says
- Body found on recycling center conveyor belt is not the first such case in Texas
- Where are you in the vaccine line? NY Times tool has an estimate
- Velma Jackson High School to transition to distance learning
- 2,480 new coronavirus cases, 37 additional deaths in Mississippi