PIKE COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – Authorities arrested four suspects after a social media post showed a small child smoking marijuana that was given to him by an adult. Pike County deputies, the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics and the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks started their investigation on September 14.
According to investigators, Anna Waldron, William Albright, and Kalie Green allowed a three-year-old child to smoke marijuana on more than one occasion.
Waldron, the mother of the child, was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a child and conspiracy to distribute marijuana. Albright was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a child, conspiracy to distribute marijuana, distribution of marijuana, possession of marijuana, and possession of a game animal in captivity. Green was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a child.
Samantha Dykes was charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia.
Authorities said Child Protective Services was notified and took custody of the child.
- Local Hattiesburg golfer Davis Riley to compete in Sanderson Farms Championship
- Sanderson Farms Championship Preview: Players to watch for
- Up to 20 Jackson Police Officers called out Tuesday as new raises come to department
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night