FLOWOOD, Miss. (WJTV) — Another $5 5K kicked off in Flowood. This time it benefited Mississippi Therapy Animals. Dogs aren’t the only animals used for therapy. Runners took off for their overall health and fitness.
For just $5 they were also helping that organization.
The organization visits the Batson Children’s Hospital virtually with the alpaca because of COVID-19. Before the virus, the alpaca walked into the hospital.
All sorts of animals are used for therapy.
A camel, horse, and sheep also were on hand for runners and walkers to see.
Training therapy animals started with executive director Katrinna Miller’s own personal life experience.
Katrinna says animals can improve mental health and quality of life.
- Supporter comment on ‘New American Civil War,’ anti-racism education prompts Hyde-Smith to say ‘that was wonderful.’
- Stimulus stalled: Senate working against ticking clock to try and pass coronavirus relief package
- Miami officer photographed wearing Trump mask at polling place
- Millsaps College keeping coronavirus cases low on campus during fall semester
- Major project coming to Ross Barnett Reservoir