LORMAN, Miss. (WJTV) – Marching bands from Alcorn State University and Auburn University will collaborate for an initiative centered on leadership development in music education.
The bands will participate in The Power of Student Leadership and Social-Emotional Learning in Music History initiative on Facebook Live Tuesday, September 8, at 7:00 p.m.
The virtual round-table discussion will provide a platform for directors and student leaders from both bands to showcase unity, fellowship, and highlight music’s ability to transcend various cultures.
- 277 new coronavirus cases, 1 additional death in Mississippi
- Lily Pad Cafe Opening to Provide Jobs for Special Needs
- Local inventor fights against COVID-19 with the creation of a face shield
- U.S. Senator Roger Wicker supports efforts to fill vacancy of Supreme Court
- Cities creating racial ‘healing’ committees to confront past