FLOWOOD, Miss. (WJTV) – The American Red Cross Mississippi Region is working to help victims who were impacted by the flooding from the Pearl River in the Jackson-metro area.
With the possibility of opening more shelters, the organization wants as many trained Red Cross volunteers as possible to assist. The public is invited to attend the upcoming training opportunities at the Southwest Mississippi Chapter located at 9 River Bend Place, Suite 100, Flowood, MS 39232:
- Friday, February 21
- 9:00 a.m. Shelter Fundamentals
- 1:00 p.m. Disaster Services Overview
- Saturday, February 22
- 9:00 a.m. Disaster Services Overview
- 1:00 p.m. Shelter Fundamentals
How Can People Help?
Volunteer: Volunteers are needed to help support relief operations. The Red Cross needs help maintaining and setting up sheltering facilities, registering shelter residents, maintaining client information, serving meals, and general housekeeping.
- Go to redcross.org/donate and select Disaster Relief
- Call 1-800-RED CROSS
- Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 gift
If you would like to make a donation to help flood victims, click here.