JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – On Tuesday, the Mississippi Public Service Commission awarded Atmos Energy the “Mississippi Champion” award. The company was honored for their efforts in bringing work to Mississippi neighbors and contractors as they expand services across the state.
Dane Maxwell, Commissioner for the Southern District of Mississippi, said, “This is an exciting day as we recognize Atmos as our Mississippi champion for their partnership and support in the Mississippi contractors. This is a win-win effort. The effort gives our local contractors more jobs and also cuts costs to ratepayers when building out infrastructure, and I appreciate Atmos and their dedication to hiring Mississippi businesses as they have expanded their services throughout the state.”
A utility is designated a “Mississippi Champion” only if they employ at least 75 percent of Mississippi residents and businesses.
- Roll-Off Dumpster Day held in Jackson
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as February ends
- Archeologists find intact ceremonial chariot near Pompeii
- Child tax credit vs. child care tax credit: Here’s how each could give more money to parents this year
- Plunging demand for COVID-19 tests may leave US exposed