MADISON COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi State Department of Health has canceled the boil water notice previously issued for Bear Creek Water Association customers East of Interstate 55.
They are advising the water is now safe to drink, according to Madison Police.
MADISON COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – A boil water notice has been issued for the Bear Creek Water Association in Madison County. The notice affects 14,234 customers east of I-55.
According to the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH), the notice was issued on Thursday after water sampling showed the presence of E. coli and total coli form bacteria.
Health officials recommend that all water be boiled for one minute before it is consumed. The precaution will last for at least two days. Water system officials will be notified when the alert has been lifted.
- Sharkey County town closes vaccine access gap thanks to medical volunteers
- 12 News Investigates: Mobile COVID-19 vaccines for Madison Co. teachers, staff
- JSU Tennis Prepares for SWAC Tournament
- Bill banning transgender athletes’ participation in public school sports headed to Governor’s desk
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day