One injured in Jackson house fire

News

JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – One man was hurt after an early morning house fire in Jackson. The fire happened on Queen Marie Lane.

Carl Hoskins said he was asleep at his home, when he heard screams. “I just heard people hollering saying help, help, help. So, I hopped out of bed and when I jumped up, I seen fire everywhere,” explained Hoskins. “I seen a white man in the back trying to put out a fire with a water hose. I just called the ambulance to pry the door open to help the guy out of the house.”

Hoskins said he called the Jackson Fire Department. When officials arrived, they found the home engulfed in flames.

“Firefighters arrived on scene and confirmed a working fire in a single story structure,” explained Cleotha Sanders, spokesperson for JFD. “Firefighters were advised by a bystander someone was still in the home. They made their way inside the home with a hose line. They did a quick search and was able to find the person in the back bathroom.”

We’re told paramedics administered CPR on the man. He was taken to a local hospital. The owners of the home said it was a total loss.

So far, there’s no word on the man’s condition.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories