MONROE, La. — A baby bear has been spotted in North Monroe and officials are asking residents to not engage with the bear.
According to a Tweet from the City of Monroe, the bear was spotted in the Valencia & Edgewood Streets area of north Monroe on Friday morning.
The Monroe Police Department and State Wildlife & Fisheries are working to capture the bear.
Officials are asking residents to not try to engage or capture the bear.
Footage sent in by a viewer, shown above, shows the bear cub come within a few feet of a local child on Friday morning. It appears that both the bear cub and the child spooked each other, causing the cub to flee the scene.
- Protesters march in Asheville, leave casket full of dirt at police station
- 3 arrested after man fatally run over by own van while trying to stop vehicle theft
- Drew Brees is focused on team success, not his stats through two games
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- Sister Norma, a South Texas icon, named among Time’s 100 Most Influential People of 2020