WARREN COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – Authorities said a six-year-old child died during a house fire in Warren County early Tuesday morning. The fire happened in the 6000 block of Halls Ferry Road around 1:00 a.m.
According to the Vicksburg Daily news, two people were able to escape from the fire. Sheriff Martin Pace told reporters two deputies, along with a neighbor, attempted to enter the home to rescue the child who was still trapped inside, but the fire was too intense.
Fisher Ferry firefighters were able to put out the fire and recover the child. Warren County Coroner Doug L. Huskey identified the victim as Kealen Andrew.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Sheriff Pace said the two deputies, Michael Rainey and Dustin Keyes, were sent to Merit Health River Region for examinations due to smoke inhalation.
- Jackson native Dante Brown wins SEC 60M championship
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing
- Southern Miss to resume In person courses come Fall 2021
- COVID-19 relief package moves to Senate, faces GOP opposition
- Man killed after being punched on Las Vegas Strip identified, suspect gives little information to police