JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – On Thursday, July 9, the City of Jackson issued an alert to customers in the Savanna Street Wastewater Treatment Plant area concerning a sanitary sewer overflow/bypass.
According to leaders, the overflow occurred as a result of excessive infiltration and inflow after the significant rain event on July 8, 2020. The public is being warned to avoid contact with the Pearl River from Savanna Street in Jackson to Swinging Bridge Road in Byram until the SSO/Bypass has ceased.
- Texas woman says she was fired by Whataburger for wearing a Black Lives Matter mask
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Her words: Amy Coney Barrett on faith, precedent, abortion
- Tiny airborne particles may pose a big coronavirus problem