JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – A drive-thru school supply giveaway was held Saturday morning in the parking lot of Metro Center Mall.
Binder, papers and pencils were all passed out to students. Organizers said they saw a need for children and wanted to fill it.
“We have partnered with Walmart, Boys and Girls Club, JPS and the Jackson Municipal Airport Authority to be able to bring supplies and distribute them today,” said Keisha Sanders with the City of Jackson.
The City hopes soon they can assist students by fulfilling technology needs.
- UMMC’s 1,000th hospitalized patient with COVID-19 discharged on Monday
- Trick-or-Treat at the Two Mississippi Museums
- Woman accused impersonating prosecutor, attempting to drop her own case
- Man accused of stealing dying woman’s phone outside Anheuser-Busch brewery
- ‘Sign of the times’: Florida man stole backhoe, ran down Biden signs, police say