JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The City of Jackson is encouraging neighbors to participate in Roll-Off Dumpster Day. The event will be held once a month, on the second Saturday of each month for the upcoming year.
The dumpsters will be placed at one location each month. They will be available at one of the following locations from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., weather permitting.
- October 17, 2020 (*Tire Amnesty Day)
- November 14, 2020
- December 12, 2020
- January 9, 2021
- February 13, 2021
- March 13, 2021
- April 10, 2021
- May 8, 2021
- June 12, 2021
- July 10, 2021
- August 14, 2021
- September 11, 2021
- Metrocenter Mall (Old Dillard’s parking lot) – 3645 U.S. 80 (October, January, April, July)
- Chastain Drive, behind Chastain Middle School, 4650 Manhattan Road, one block south of Garvin Street (November, February, May, August)
- Old Pepsi Building – 2550 Medgar Evers Blvd. (December, March, June, September)
Neighbors may bring all household furniture, small appliances and accessories for disposal. However, tires, chemicals and gas tanks are not accepted in the Roll-Off Dumpster program. Neighbors are required to place debris inside dumpster provided at the locations.
City business and neighbors living outside Jackson city limits are not eligible to participate. Proof of residency may be required.
*Tire Amnesty Day will take place on Saturday, October 17, at the Metrocenter Mall in Jackson. The event will be from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Leaders said tires will be taken at this location but must meet the following requirements:
- Only up to 10 car/light pick-up trucks tires permitted
- No rims on tires
- Tires must be free of water/fluids
- Lane closure for W. 4th Street in Hattiesburg
- Jones Lumber to build new headquarters in Hattiesburg
- Lawmakers want unused border wall money to compensate farmers for theft, damages left by migrants
- Trial begins for man accused in 2018 homicide in Jackson
- Avoid a deer collision this winter with these safety tips