JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The new head football coach of Jackson State University gave back to local teachers on Wednesday. Deion Sanders teamed up with the shoe company “OOFOS” for a nationwide teachers appreciation initiative.
He donated 100 pairs of shoes to teachers, administrators and staff at Blackburn Middle School, which is part of the Jackson Public School District.
“Deion is a brand partner with OOFOS. That relationship started about two years ago, and OOFOS approached us two weeks ago about their teacher donation. This is an initiative that they’re doing nationwide, and with Deion being a brand partner and new to the Jackson community, we thought this would be an excellent opportunity for him to be involved in the community and do something for Blackburn Middle School,” explained LaToya Williams, director of community engagement.
Sanders said he chose Blackburn Middle School to receive the donation because of its proximity to Jackson State.
- Stimulus stalled: Senate working against ticking clock to try and pass coronavirus relief package
- Miami officer photographed wearing Trump mask at polling place
- Millsaps College keeping coronavirus cases low on campus during fall semester
- Major project coming to Ross Barnett Reservoir
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Largest’ mountaintop border-wall blast captured on video in Arizona wilderness