NATCHEZ, Miss. (WJTV) – The Natchez City Cemetery Board of Directors will hire a New Orleans restoration company to make repairs to the Turning Angel monument, according to the Natchez Democrat.
On Thursday, the board selected Emily Ford of Oak and Laurel Cemetery Preservation in New Orleans to make the repairs.
According to city leaders, more than $17,000 was raised from online and mailed donations to repair the monument.
The Turning Angel was erected by the owner of Natchez Drug Company to commemorate the lives of five girls who died in a building explosion in 1908.
- Pelosi announces bipartisan deal to avoid shutdown
- 4 charged in death of man found burning in Iowa ditch
- President Trump sets date to announce SCOTUS pick as GOP locks in votes needed to confirm nominee
- Giraffe watch 2020? Zoo home to April the Giraffe anticipates another birth
- Supreme Court vacancy raises concerns over abortion