NATCHEZ, Miss. (WJTV) – The Natchez City Cemetery Board of Directors will hire a New Orleans restoration company to make repairs to the Turning Angel monument, according to the Natchez Democrat.
On Thursday, the board selected Emily Ford of Oak and Laurel Cemetery Preservation in New Orleans to make the repairs.
According to city leaders, more than $17,000 was raised from online and mailed donations to repair the monument.
The Turning Angel was erected by the owner of Natchez Drug Company to commemorate the lives of five girls who died in a building explosion in 1908.
- Ocean Springs man is paralyzed after receiving Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Democrats to unveil bill to expand US Supreme Court by four justices
- Video: Driver smashes through traffic arm, jumps Florida drawbridge
- Local pharmacist responds to Johnson & Johnson vaccine pause
- Man found dead in abandoned house on Ellis Avenue in Jackson