LAUREL, Miss. (WJTV) – Fifteen Jones County volunteer fire departments responded to assist the Laurel Fire Department with a fire at Jones Middle School in Laurel. The fire happened on Saturday, July 4.
According to officials, fireworks were strewn over the scene. They believe the fireworks may have been a contributing factor in the fire.
The school sustained major damage. No injuries were reported.
- No Mega Millions winner as jackpot climbs to $970 million
- Single $1 million winning Mega Millions ticket sold in Mississippi
- President Trump pardons rapper Lil Wayne, commutes Kodak Black’s sentence
- ‘Tiger King’ not among Trump pardons
- Pres. Trump pardons former top strategist Steve Bannon, 72 others and 70 commutations