VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – Vicksburg police arrested a man on Wednesday for allegedly having thousands of dollars worth of drugs at his home.
Investigators executed a search warrant at the suspect’s home in the 800 block of Central Avenue just after 7:00 a.m.
Earlier this year, police said they received complaints about narcotics activity in the area. Several purchases of illegal narcotics were made with the assistance of undercover agents and cooperating individuals during the course of the investigation.
Investigators said they seized nine kilos of marijuana and 2,700 ecstasy pills with a street value of $25,000. They also seized three handguns, a rifle and $3,770 in cash.
Duane Lamar Williams, 45, has been charged with two counts of aggravated trafficking of narcotics and four counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Police said Williams is currently on Federal Parole for narcotics-related charges. He will appear in Vicksburg Municipal Court on Thursday, September 17, at 1:00 p.m.
Other charges may be forthcoming as the investigation continues, and additional arrests may be possible.
- Vanessa Bryant sues LA sheriff over helicopter crash photos
- Dog trapped in 30-foot hole lured to safety with beef jerky
- Delaware family discovers WWII heirloom tucked away in a box
- 4 special elections will fill Mississippi legislative seats
- House committee blasts conditions, staff ‘indifference’ at ICE migrant centers