VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – Vicksburg Mayor George Flaggs Jr. held a public hearing on Wednesday to discuss changes to the downtown recreation and leisure district.
Over the weekend, the city tested closing Washington Street between South and Clay Street. The plan was to allow more pedestrian traffic in downtown Vicksburg amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
If approved, temporary roadblocks would be placed on Washington Street. According to the Vicksburg Post, the area would be closed between 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The barricades would be removed at 7:00 a.m.
- Local doctor discusses importance of recognizing mental health during pandemic
- Connecticut couple accused of forcing child to sleep in closet, kneel on tacks, drink hot sauce
- From muted mics to topics chosen, here’s what you need to know about the final Trump-Biden debate
- Mississippi Moment: The 162-Year-Old Man
- 801 new coronavirus cases, 21 additional deaths in Mississippi