JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – A juvenile has turned himself in after Chief James Davis held a press conference Saturday regarding a video that captured drag racers shutting down the interstate.
The video shows multiple vehicles involved in blocking the north bound lanes of I-55 between Lakeland and Meadowbrook Drive on Friday.
Reckless driving, disorderly conduct, drag racing and obstructing the highway are just some of the charges violators will face.
“We’re thinking there’s an accident, trying to make our way to the possible accident and it’s individuals drag racing and once again, it will not be tolerated,” said Davis.
More arrests are forthcoming, according to JPD. This is an ongoing investigation.
- Storm Team 12: Today’s Forecast
- Re-learning to breathe: German clinic helps COVID long haulers
- Truck driver arrested in Newport after police find missing teen girl in sleeping compartment
- Vice President Harris sits at counter where Greensboro Four made history
- 17 year old pedestrian killed by car; ruled as an accident