JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Jackson Fire Department is investigating a fire that damaged a home on Carnation Street Thursday morning.
JFD spokesperson Cleotha Sanders said no one was hurt in the fire.
The home’s occupant, Nierra Robinson, told 12 News the fire started at an electrical outlet, but Sanders said the cause of the fire has yet to be determined.
“Smoke was everywhere and the lights was off. I couldn’t see anything. I couldn’t see nothing. My first instinct was to panic, I really didn’t know. I knew I couldn’t go through the front because of the blaze,” said Robinson. “So, I went through the side of my room and I kinda felt my way through the window and kinda fell through. But the heat was so hot. It was hot on both sides of my house. It felt like I was going to burn myself.”
Robinson said she lost everything. The Red Cross will provide assistance to her and her family.