JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Secretary of State’s Office wants voters to be prepared ahead of any election. The following is from Y’all Vote:
- All Mississippi voters casting a ballot in person at the polls or casting an absentee ballot in the Circuit or Municipal Clerk’s Office must present one of the following forms of acceptable photo ID:
- A driver’s license
- A government issued photo ID card
- A United States passport
- A government employee photo identification card
- A firearms license
- A student photo ID issued by an accredited Mississippi university, college, or community/junior college
- A United States military photo ID
- A tribal photo ID
- Any other photo ID issued by any branch, department, agency or entity of the United States government or any State government
- A Mississippi Voter Identification Card If you do not present an acceptable form of photo ID or are unable to do so because of a religious objection, you are entitled to cast an affidavit ballot.
Call 1 (844) MSVoter (1 (844) 678-6837) for Voter ID information or assistance in obtaining a Mississippi Voter Identification Card.