JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) -Entergy Mississippi is encouraging people, who have not prepared for an active hurricane season, to do so now.
“We don’t know when or where a hurricane or tropical storm may strike, but our employees are ready if one heads our way,” said Robbin Jeter, Entergy Mississippi vice president of distribution operations. “Entergy’s Operation: Storm Ready is a plan of continuous preparation, training and action that ensure our teams can respond to outages and continue to deliver for our customers and communities despite the current pandemic.”
Staying informed before, during and after a storm strikes is as important as making a storm plan. Here’s how Entergy Mississippi keeps customers updated:
- Download the Entergy app at entergyapp.com. Customers can use the app to report outages or check on the status of power at their home or business.
- Entergy’s View Outages website includes maps that show where outages are located and give information about restoration progress.
- Sign up for text messages about storm and restoration efforts by texting REG to 368374.
- The Entergy Storm Center website has storm safety, preparation and restoration information that is updated throughout the day.
- Operation: Storm Ready Guide is a free downloadable guide that helps customers plan and prepare for weather emergencies.
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Governor Reeves speaks at White House
- SCOTUS to hear arguments on ACA, where does Mississippi stand in the fight on healthcare?
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting