PEARL, Miss. (WJTV) – 12 News was given in an exclusive look inside the largest part of MEMA headquarters in Pearl.
The four-thousand square foot S-E-O-C floor, or the state emergency operations center has newly installed plexiglass. The safety procedures come amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Malary White, director of external affairs for MEMA, said, “Another thing and this is actually a very small piece that people don’t realize it, but it has actually helped, we have propped almost all the doors open in our building and that limits people touching handles of doors.”
Anyone who comes into MEMA is required to get their temperature scanned as their first act of defense.
- Cyberattacks surging as COVID-19 pandemic continues
- Parents of child who died in Louisiana house fire arrested
- Police searching for motorist who killed cat by throwing it out of Jeep into busy Oklahoma intersection
- Top dog, cat names of 2020 include coronavirus-related monikers
- Mississippi Moment: Places To See