JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – While most people in Mississippi have seen snow occasionally throughout the years, others experienced it for the first time on Monday.
Ebana Early, her daughter and her brother, Desmond Simms, traveled from New Orleans to Jackson just to see the snow. Simms is a Belhaven student, who like his sister and niece, had never seen snow before.
“It is a good memory. I am going to make sure I get lots of pictures and recordings. Yeah, she is going to get sick afterwards, but it is worth it.”
For Early’s daughter, her favorite part of the snow is throwing snowballs at her mom and uncle.
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Protests demanding Ted Cruz’s resignation to be held at senator’s Houston office on Saturday
- Caught on video: Woman hitches ride on semitrailer truck in Arkansas