JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV)– Family and friends of Demarkis Kelly honored him with a vigil on Erie Street where he was killed. They lit candles and said prayers.
He left behind two children and had a daughter on the way.
The family says his friend shot him July 31. Police arrested 20-year-old Christian Dyre in connection to the shooting.
- Border wall disturbs peace at centuries-old cemetery in South Texas, descendant says
- FBI arrests Arkansas man facing charges in US Capitol riot accused of beating DC officer with American flag
- Biden plan seeks to raise minimum wage to $15 per hour
- Family of dead soldier questions US Army’s handling of sexual assault and retaliation
- How will President Trump be received in Palm Beach after he leaves the White House?