JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV)– Family and friends of Demarkis Kelly honored him with a vigil on Erie Street where he was killed. They lit candles and said prayers.
He left behind two children and had a daughter on the way.
The family says his friend shot him July 31. Police arrested 20-year-old Christian Dyre in connection to the shooting.
- Veterans Voices: History buff needs your help telling stories of all 400,000 US military deaths in World War II
- Veteran adjusts to life with PTSD with the help of a well-trained pup
- American, United to furlough 32,000 as time runs out on aid
- BREAKING: House fire on Burns St.
- Can the coronavirus travel more than 6 feet in the air?