HINDS COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – Hinds County deputies arrested the former head football coach of Rebul Academy on a sexual battery charge.
Christopher Dwayne Ingram, 37, was also a teacher at the school. Investigators said the charge stemmed from an investigation of his contact with a female student while he worked at Rebul Academy.
Ingram was arrested on Thursday, September 17, at the Hind County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division. This is an ongoing investigation.
On Friday, Ingram was given a $100,000 bond.
Debra Bowers, Head of School for Rebul Academy, released the following statement:
We know that people have questions about the arrest of Chris Ingram. Due to the sensitive nature of this matter, we cannot comment on the specifics.
We do want everyone to know that Rebul Academy is committed to the safety and security of all our students. It is our understanding that these charges stem from an incident that occurred off campus.
Our thoughts, prayers and full support go out to the student who was involved and we ask that everyone be respectful of the student’s privacy.Debra Bowers, Head of School for Rebul Academy
- Jackson native Dante Brown wins SEC 60M championship
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing
- Southern Miss to resume In person courses come Fall 2021
- COVID-19 relief package moves to Senate, faces GOP opposition
- Man killed after being punched on Las Vegas Strip identified, suspect gives little information to police