JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – On Monday, a former Jackson Public School District teacher was sentenced after being found guilty on two counts of gratification of lust against a minor on November 9, 2020.
Dr. Reginald Barnes, a former Provine teacher, was sentenced to 15 years with three years suspended on both counts. The sentences will run concurrently, so Barnes will serve 12 years in prison.
On October 16, 2018, Barnes was arrested and charged with sexual battery and gratification of lust involving a student.
Upon his release, Barnes will be under supervision and will have to pay a $7,500 fine. He will also be required to register as a sex offender.
- Mexico has $1 million for ‘Dreamers’ in the U.S.
- Rep. Ocasio-Cortez responds to arrest of Capitol riot suspect who allegedly said ‘Assassinate AOC’
- Focused on Mississippi: Walter Anderson’s Oldfields
- Boom system installed south of the border to prevent trash from flowing into U.S.
- Belhaven University builds COVID-19 testing facility to test students every week