JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – On Tuesday, State Auditor Shad White announced Special Agents from his office arrested a former board member and officer of the Pearl River County Crimestoppers (PRCCS), after she was indicted for embezzlement. An $82,416.37 demand letter was issued to Michelle McBride when she was arrested.
According to White, McBride allegedly used her position as Secretary/Treasurer to embezzle over $52,000 from PRCCS from January 2014 to April 2019. Investigators believe McBride used the PRCCS debit card for personal rodeo expenses and transferred PRCCS funds to fraudulent non-profit accounts she owned. Pearl River County Sheriff’s deputies assisted in the investigation.
McBride surrendered to Special Agents at the Pearl River County Sheriff’s office. Her bond was set at $20,000 by the court.
If convicted, McBride faces up to 25 years in prison and $15,000 in fines.
- Sean Payton talks about possibility of Drew Brees’ final game
- Councilman Stokes calls for investigation into Jaxon Energy Plant
- Local funeral home experiences increased demand due to COVID-19
- Councilman Stokes calls for City of Jackson to help residents with water bills
- Missing Child Alert issued for 15-year-old Kira Hamilton of Natchez