JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Two high school football games in the Jackson-metro area have been canceled due to COVID-19 concerns.
Madison-Ridgeland Academy’s home game against Philadelphia, and Jackson Prep’s home game against Lamar were both canceled.
According to officials, the Philadelphia and Lamar teams may have COVID-19 cases. The games were canceled out of precaution.
- 7.5 magnitude earthquake strikes near Alaska, triggering tsunami warning
- Standing in the gap: grassroots efforts to tackle inequities in education
- Stimulus update: Pelosi, Mnuchin ‘narrow differences’ ahead of House speaker’s Tuesday deadline
- Putting the ‘X’ back in Mexico: Gigantic red sculpture getting a makeover in Juarez
- CVS hiring several thousand work-from-home employees among 15,000 openings