SOUTHAVEN, Miss. (WJTV) – Google announced on Thursday that it will open its first U.S. Google Operations Center in Southaven, Mississippi. According to the Desoto Times-Tribune, the center will provide customer and operations support to Google’s customers and users.
The company will lease a new 60,000 square foot facility from Panattoni Development. Google anticipates the site will be operational in summer 2021. Google will establish a temporary office in nearby Memphis, Tennessee while the Southaven site is under construction.
The company has kicked off recruiting efforts with the goal of hiring 100 employees by the end of the year.
- Celebrating Women’s Voting Rights: A Virtual Tour at The Historic New Orleans Collection
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- Kermit Davis among hundreds teeing off for a good cause at Andi’s Army Golf Tournament
- Madison County Schools doing well one month into fall semester
- FBI seeks more potential victims in ‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris child porn case