JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – An inmate at the South Mississippi Correctional Institution in Greene County has died at an off-site hospital.
According to the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC), 65-year-old James Curtis Simmons Sr. died Tuesday morning at Wesley Medical Center in Hattiesburg, where he was taken November 17. The official cause and manner of death are pending.
Simmons pled guilty to child exploitation in Pearl River County and was sentenced August 13, 2015, to 30 years, with 10 years to serve and 20 on probation.
- State capitols boarded up, fenced off, patrolled by troops
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Protests demanding Ted Cruz’s resignation to be held at senator’s Houston office on Saturday