GULF COAST, Miss. (WLOX) – Gulfport issued a mandatory evacuation order for all boats from the municipal marina, according to WLOX. All vessels must leave the marina by sundown Sunday, August 23.
Long Beach and Biloxi leaders also issued evacuation orders for harbors and marinas on Saturday.
Biloxi neighbors were told to move all vessels, vehicles and trailers by 5:00 p.m. Sunday to a safer location, while Long Beach issued a mandatory evacuation of the Long Beach Harbor starting at 8:00 a.m. Sunday.
While not mandatory at this time, those with boats in the Pascagoula Inner Harbor are also advised to remove or secure their vessels.
- 2,480 new coronavirus cases, 37 additional deaths in Mississippi
- Week 13 Preview: Saints vs. Falcons
- 12-year-old boy accepted to Georgia Tech; hopes to become aerospace engineer
- ‘No way did we ever dream of this.’ Four Oklahoma siblings die of COVID-19 in less than three weeks
- Newsfeed Now: Breaking down the $908 billion COVID-19 relief bill, Hand-“Santa-tizer,” “Grinch-bots,” and more…