HINDS COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – The Hinds County Board of Supervisors announced District 3 Election Commissioner, Wayne McDaniels, passed away on Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
Officials said McDaniels was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
McDaniels was a reverend at Mount Nebo Baptist Church, law enforcement worker, served on numerous commissions, and also is a former president of the NAACP’s Jackson Branch.
Longtime friend, Eddie Jean Carr, who served with McDaniels for the NAACP says he was always on the side of righteousness.
“He took on the position with pride. He always believed in human rights and not just for black people but for people as a whole” said Carr.
Our hearts and prayers go out to the McDaniels family and the entire Hinds County community. Mr. McDaniels was a dedicated public servant and an actively engaged member of our community for many years. He will be greatly missed.Hinds County Board of Supervisors
- MARCH MADNESS: Raymond and Lanier advance to 4A championship
- Jackson native Dante Brown wins SEC 60M championship
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing
- Southern Miss to resume In person courses come Fall 2021
- COVID-19 relief package moves to Senate, faces GOP opposition