HINDS COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – Hinds County supervisors, David Archie and Credell Calhoun, are spearheading the initiative “Operation Safe Corners.”
Due to concerns of unsafe conditions resulting from obstructed sidewalks, streets, and highways
expressed by citizens of Hinds County and Jackson, the task force was created and activated by the
Hinds County Board of Supervisors.
The Operation Safe Corners Task Force will provide referrals and resource information such as:
- transitional housing
- drug and alcohol treatment
- food pantries
- educational opportunities
- other needed services
This effort is a partnership between the Hinds County Board of Supervisors, the Hinds County Sheriff’s Office, the Jackson Police Department, and multiple private organizations.
- Stimulus stalled: Senate working against ticking clock to try and pass coronavirus relief package
- Miami officer photographed wearing Trump mask at polling place
- Millsaps College keeping coronavirus cases low on campus during fall semester
- Major project coming to Ross Barnett Reservoir
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Largest’ mountaintop border-wall blast captured on video in Arizona wilderness