JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – In observance of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Hinds County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) will provide educational and awareness resources to employees and the public.
To show support, pink ribbons will be placed on all HCSO patrol cars for display through the remainder of October.
Officials said this event was inspired by Lt. Cheryl Childs, an employee with the HCSO and a recent survivor of breast cancer.
The information will also be available in the main lobby of the Hinds County Sheriff’s Office located at 407 E. Pascagoula Street in Jackson.
- 1 dead, 3 injured after shooting at McDonald’s in Canton
- Man splits $5M jackpot … with himself after accidentally buying 2 tickets
- New C-Pod reopens at Hinds County Detention Center
- Mississippi State Fair extended for one more week
- Alabama Senate candidates face off in exclusive interviews