JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – On Wednesday, September 9, two online auctions of tax-forfeited properties in Humphreys and Sunflower counties will start.
According to Secretary of State Michael Watson, Mississippians will have an opportunity to bid on 129 parcels in Humphreys County valued at an estimated $759,000, and 148 parcels in Sunflower County valued at an estimated $468,953.
The bidding process opens at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, September 9, 2020, and all bids must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, October 7, 2020.
Anyone interested must register online before placing a bid. Bids can only be submitted through the Secretary of State’s online auction portal. The portal grants access to property details, such as market value and parcel locations.
Once bids are placed, successful bidders will be notified as soon as possible via e-mail. Payment of the bid amount must be made within five to seven business days of the e-mail notification.
Buyers are also permitted to pay a “Buy It Now” price on any parcel, which allows them to purchase a property immediately instead of waiting until the end of the auction.
To learn more about tax-forfeited properties, visit the Secretary of State’s website or call the Public Lands Division at (601) 359-5156.
- CDC report: 68% of people who exercised indoors at one Chicago gym contracted COVID-19
- President Biden signs executive order, with bipartisan support, to bolster US supply chains
- Woman jokes about unfortunate pre-pandemic tattoo that left her ‘mortified’
- Winter storms affect Hinds County farm
- Man arrested, charged with possession of narcotics in Madison