JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Last Wednesday, the U.S. Capitol was stormed by violent protesters, who supported President Donald Trump. The rioters stormed the Capitol while the electoral votes were being counted.
U.S. Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.) was among lawmakers inside the building when the rioters attacked. Five people died, including two Capitol Police officers.
Some lawmakers are blaming President Trump for the attack, due to what some are calling a violent inducing speech before the votes were counted. Sen. Hyde-Smith said the attack on the Capitol was a sad day for the country.
- Sheriff’s deputies bust underground ‘superspreader’ parties across L.A. County
- Man lived inside Chicago airport for 3 months before detection, prosecutors say
- After this week, you’ll be one step closer to a $1,400 stimulus check
- Dog and goat serving as mayor raise money to renovate playground
- Twitter temporarily suspends congresswoman over election fraud claims