JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – According to the Mississippi Department of Corrections, an inmate at the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility in Rankin County was found unresponsive in his bed Wednesday.
Craig Brown, 55, was pronounced dead after he did not respond to resuscitation efforts. He had been sentenced June 10, 2019, to 12 years for sale of a controlled substance in Rankin County.
MDOC said foul play is not suspected in Brown’s death. An autopsy will determine the official cause and the manner of his death.
- Nearly 100 people infected with coronavirus after Ohio church service
- Seven test positive for COVID-19 in South Tippah School District
- EXCLUSIVE: Border wall, child migrant shelter contractors behind COVID-19 facilities in South Texas
- Ford, Bush presidential adviser Brent Scowcroft dies at 95
- Living Local: August 7, 2020